Sunday, April 12, 2009

scholarships... where are they??

Dear Minister Monica Jimenez:

My name is Marcela Cabañas Gac, and this is my third year as a student of English Pedagogy. This year, when I started my classes at the university, I realized that my economic situation had changed in terms of economic problems, so I went to the “JUNAEB” to try to get a scholarship, and people that I had to talk to, do not even hear my arguments, instead of that they just ignored me saying that I was not able to get anything just for the reason that I was studying my third year. Obviously I could not stand that situation, and perhaps someone thinks that I shouldn’t have said something, nevertheless I do not regret my reaction. So, showing to them that I was angry, but in a relaxed way at the same time, I told them that sometimes could be possible that people at the beginning of their studies do not have the necessities to ask for a scholarship, but that their institution must be aware that the situation of the people in general is always changing, so they should be more conscious about it, which means that if their job is trying to help students to study, they have to offer a solution or a response for everyone at least. The thing is that I was upset since they did not do anything regarding my circumstances and until today, I have not received any help or reply.

I wanted you to now about this, because I thought that you should be aware of how the “JUNAEB” is working and if they are doing a good job or if they are not. I strongly expect that you or possibly the government can do something to not let this situation to happen again. I hope you can understand my situation.

Best regards


Marcela Cabañas Gac
Student of English Pedagogy
Universidad Alberto Hurtado

5 comments:

  1. Hey Marce, that's a really good point!

    Did that situation really happen? People from JUNAEB were pretty rude... they just don't care...
    but I bet that if you were a relative of anybody there, you would have got a scholarship... you know..."pitutos".

    Take care,

    "La Vale"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Marce:

    You're totally right. I mean, who can predict our economic future? To be honest, that answer that JUNAEB gave you about your situation was completely pointless!

    It's strongly necessary that authorities do something to stop this circus. Just keep fighting for your rights!

    Take care! :)
    Alejandra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. marceDOOM:

    I have to say that you are right. You have a really good point. This issue it's important because we are talking about people who really need that help. Government have to solve that injustices.

    that's it. Byee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. vale!!... this really happened!!!
    it is a true story :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi MARCE
    I just want to say, that´s a really good point of conversation. This issue have to be result soon, because now many students are having economic problems, and the situation now in our country is very difficult. I hope that the goverment can solve this important issue, because would be horrible if many students have to stop their studies.

    well, take care.
    Fran

    ReplyDelete